Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

held in captivity for our view

If you didn't already know, I am a huge animal lover.  When "we" moved into Rob's 1 bedroom condo he bravely took on, 1 talkative, squawky parrot named Doc, and 1 spunky welsh terrier dog named Balki (pronounced Bell-Key).  IF we had a bigger place, I would love to expand our animal kingdom (lol), but needless to say, we don't have the space to do so, and I sadly don't have the permission to ;)  The love of owning an animal can be so joyful and rewarding, but do we cross the line when it comes to owning wild animals?  There are plenty of varied views on this topic, as well as the benefits to helping them out in their time of need.  When I came across this post by the lil bee, my heart fell heavy on these beautiful images captured by Barcelona Photographer, Oscar Ciutat. Oscar states, "It is said that the eyes are the windows to the soul," and goes onto explain, "I took a series of trips to the local zoo to photograph the eyes of animals held in captivity. I was intrigued by whether the lack of freedom would be apparent in the images."

Elephant
 Donkey
 Deer
 Hippopotamus
 Guanaco
 Sheep
 Rhinoceros
Tapir 
 Wapiti
 Wild Goat

As an optimist, I would like to think he unfortunately captured them all in a bad moment...but looking closer, their eyes express something more...

Appreciate the beauty in life ;) 
I know I do!


No comments: